getting off my windows dependency

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Mon Apr 4 16:26:43 EDT 2005

The blind programming site has some configuration files for lynx the cat for
example.  Yes such files would be important.  The beauty of linux is there is
assentially no company, no support, no boss, no marketing team to go through.
You are the community, the user, the developer, the tech support.  While
solisiting opinions may be a good idea, getting a no vote from someone ain't
gunna keep you from doing what you feel is important work.  If we're going to do
this,  I don't want to see, the one or only choice for a conf file, I'd like to
see many alternatives.  The growth of linux depends on the learning curve as
much as ease of use because it is so powerfull.  I wouldn't users to come away
from a site with posted conf files feeling like they now have everything
perfect, but more like they've been given some pointers and they must now rtfm
for a bit.