Slackware is dropping Gnome

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Fri Apr 1 23:38:52 EST 2005

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Gregory Nowak wrote:

> Hmm, I suppose this could be an April fools joke, couldn't it? If it's
> not, then they certainly picked an interesting date to announce this.

Actually, it was buried in with several other things dated 3/26/05, so I'd
say it's no joke.  I guess when the next version of Slackware comes out, I
will be trying to download one of those other Gnome packages.  Well, I
haven't gotten Gnopernicus to work in Slackware 10.1 anyway, but I haven't
really put much effort into it.