Backing up multiple user data

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Sep 30 09:12:18 EDT 2004

Luke Davis writes:
> Yeah, but how is it listening?  I'll have to read up on this, as I find

One other tidbit I uncovered in my searches yesterday on this subject
was a reference to the default tape device /dev--whatever I don't recall
now.

Is it possible this is such legacy code that the HOSTNAME:filename
syntax literally points to the standard tape dev? I rather suspect this
is the answer.