Difficulty downloading Fedora

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Sep 29 10:43:28 EDT 2004

Hi, John:

She actually answered this question in her post--and she's right. The
reason to prefer ftp over http is that you can resume from the point
where you left off when you use a smart ftp client like ncftp. This is
not possible, so far as I'm aware, with any web user agent, certainly
not IE.

So, what she's saying is she doesn't want to start over again at the
beginning every time her download breaks. This is correct and it's
discussed in our installation HOWTO.

Starting over is the last thing you want to do on a dialup connection
especially.