Linux and data storage?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Mon Sep 27 19:38:02 EDT 2004

Sorry, granted a lot of this has gotten off center with all of janina's
needless chattering.

first, the server that hosts my site has a Linux shell base to it, using
the red hat distribution  which I know has a different name now.
You pointed out before when we were discussing du that shellworld too uses
a Linux element to  its foundation, and many of the programs here are Linux
based and  the services is advertised to some as a Linux shell.
Thus my description.
I am not going to archive so from your explanation, i will not need tar.
so rsynch will accomplish a copy of the  data here save for the mail in my
inbox at the time of the transfer?
now am I more on point?
Karen