Linux and data storage?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Sep 27 18:55:48 EDT 2004

Karen Lewellen writes:
> Would it indeed janina?
>  the mention of windows not possibly be easy y given my personal array of
> associates who use windows, compared to those that use Linux?
> You are enough of an expert on my personal  situation to know how many
> computers I have, and just how i might define easy?
> It seems you were not only misunderstanding, you were making mind reading
> assumptions too.  very bad ones at that.
Huh? Karen, what you posted was:

http://braille.uwo.ca/pipermail/speakup/2004-September/030116.html

"
"My question has two parts.
first, is there a way to move large amounts of data stored in the
workspace of a Linux shell service to another location in tact, with
relative ease,  and without taking all of the data on the entire system?
second, if my machine was also a Linux one, would this kind of storage
be
easy to do?""

So, I have no notion of what you meant beyond what you said. And,
frankly, it's nothing to me. As you yourself said, it's your data.
As far as I'm concerned, you're welcome to copy it longhand, if you
prefer.
There are people for whom that would be easier, I'm sure.