Linux and data storage?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Mon Sep 27 18:37:51 EDT 2004

Skywalker,
I did note your message and replied to it, hitting the size limit again
it seems so let me try again.
I ask you specifically as you too are on shellworld.
As i said I have no intention of zipping anything, so if i understand this
i should be able to do the following.
a, create a directory on the server where my site resides, which too is a
Linux based server let's call it backup.
b, from my shellworld home prompt run sftp or tar or one of the other ftp
based transfer programs  and copy the contents of my home directory to
the so created directory on my website server?
I do not want to have to specify, so if this does mean  i must coy over
mail and the like so be it.  frankly it might not be so bad an idea given
the folders in that area too.
I would rather have everything even if more than i need, than lose
anything seeking what i think i want.
What say you, do I understand the process correctly?
Karen