Linux and data storage?

Sina Bahram sbahram at nc.rr.com
Mon Sep 27 18:12:54 EDT 2004

Hi Janina,

Sina Bahram said:

Fxp, or flash xp as I think it is...is a windows tool that allows someone to
connect to one ftp, then connect to the other ftp...and then say, FTP A,
copy stuff to FTP B....then all you have to do is sit back and let the data
packets flow...it doesn't go through your system at all: so you could
transfer information at any speed, only limited by the two ftp servers, not
by your own connection.

Then Sina Bahram said:

*shrug* is there a linux equivalent to this tool/protocall?

Which of course we know there is. Again...where is my recommendation of
Windows?

That is a direct quote...no spinning at all. Please point it out. As for
hijacking the thread, I believe you have done a wonderful job of this by
somehow convincing yourself that I made a recommendation which I did not,
and then criticising me on it numerous times.

By the way...i'm not pissed off. In fact, by the tone of your emails: it
seems you are the one who is upset. I can simply shrug off a
misunderstanding and absolutely not worry about it, but you continue to use
an acusatory tone, and act as if I have done something wrong.

Thank you for your suggestion to sit back and learn something: I constantly
learn things on this list, and I'm sorry that your attitude is one that does
not encourage learning or educated discussion, but rather one of baseless
acusations and false claims.

Take care,
Sina

No trees were destroyed in sending this message; however, a large number of
electrons were terribly inconvenienced.