Linux and data storage?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Sep 27 17:02:18 EDT 2004

Yes, Luke was just point out that -m is not available on BSD.

But, you probably do have:

du --help

You should check from your prompt on shell world, but I suspect you can
just do:

du -s

and get a result in kilobytes. The -m just gives the result in
megabytes..

But, having also myself just looked at du --help, I can now ammend
something else I just said a minute ago. Instead of subtracting a total
for mail, do:

du -s -x mail/

to exclude the mail directory from the calculations.

So, get anything better with these commands?