Linux and data storage?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Sep 27 16:43:59 EDT 2004

Your "data stored in Pine for you," as you put it, is probably also part
of your home directory. It's probably in a directory called mail.

Never fear. There are ways to exclude the mail directory when you copy
your files into a tar archive file.

The best way to get a number on how much you have to back up, then, is
probably to get a total on your home directory and all its
subdirectories, then do the same thing for the mail directory and
subtract.