speakup doesn't always speak the correct line any way to fix this?

Sean M McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Thu Sep 23 16:48:24 EDT 2004

                        When I use aptitude, speakup sometimes speaks the
line prior to the one I am on several times before speaking the current
line I am on.  If I use say current line, the correct line is always
reported.  Is there some way I can correct that behavior?  Is there
something in aptitude I should look for?  Speakup also has a similar
problem using modconf where it doesn't announce if I'm on the menu choice
for yes, install this module or no, don't install this module.  It also
doesn't read the line correctly when I use the up and down arros  on
ok/cancle prompts.  My version of speakup is 2.00CVS Apr 2004 I can't
remember the exact date in April.  My kernel is 2.4.27-1
Sean