Off topic: can't burn audio disks anymore.

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Fri Sep 17 18:26:39 EDT 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Kenny Hitt wrote:

> Hi.  What version of the kernel are you using?  Just a guess, but 2.6
> kernels no longer use ide-scsi emulation.

Actually, more precisely, burning direct to IDE CD burners is supported in
2.6.X kernels without IDE-SCSI, but you can still use IDE-SCSI if you
wish.  It's just no longer necessary.  I guess there are still some
reasons to keep it around, or they would probably drop it.  I recall that
the documentation for cdparanoia suggests that if you have trouble getting
your CDROM drive to extract audio, try it with IDE-SCSI emulation.  Of
course, that program was written way before 2.6 kernels, so maybe that's
no longer true either.