Getting Apollo II to work

Sean M McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Thu Sep 16 18:38:21 EDT 2004

What's jiffy_delta?

edwedekind at t-online.de (Ernst-Dieter Wedekind)
Sent by: speakup-bounces at braille.uwo.ca
09/16/2004 01:53 PM
Please respond to "Speakup is a screen review system for Linux."

        To:     speakup at braille.uwo.ca
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Getting Apollo II to work

Hi listers, believe it or not the age of miracles has not yet ended! I at
last got Apollo II to work with Slackware 10.0 and CVS. It was changing of
"apolo" to "apollo" that did it both at my newly compiled kernel and with
the installation cdroms of slackware 10.0. I thank all of You very much
for contributing to this subject. I also have the problem that someone
mentioned that if I read a capital letter the pitch goes higher and
doesn't go down again no matter what letters I'm reading. The reading keys
concept also seems to have been changed. I also had to change jiffy_delta
from 50 to 100 to make speech fluent. Thanks again for Your help!
Regards Ernst