more data on screen

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at sent.com
Thu Sep 16 14:24:10 EDT 2004

Hi, John,

My video card evidently works with vga = 15492, so I now have 132 x 60
on the screen. Thanks for the tip. In for a dime, in for a dollar, I
guess. I am surprised we can do this stuff without frame buffers
enabled. My console output is noticeably more sluggish than with vga =
normal, but the added capacity makes it worth it. Each screen now has
four times the data it had before.

Chuck
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, John covici wrote:

> I am not using the frame buffer at all -- if you do, you have to use
> the framebuffer commands to control the screen size.  Also certain
> vga values seem to trigger the frame buffer if it is in the kernel.

Home page at http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh
Speakfreely address 24.105.197.112:2074