apple screen reader

Erik Heil eheil at va3duk.serveftp.com
Fri Sep 10 19:13:42 EDT 2004

Hi their.  Well, first of all, let me point out that tis not a "screen
reader" per se. Rather, its an API which applications can talk too, and
when developed with it, can speak correctly.  Anyways, to answer your
question, its in beta testing phase.  Aple should have concentrated their
efforts on making Gnopernicus more stable.  Or in other words, contributed
to the development of Gnopernicus, which is promissing.  So far, we don't
have access to Mozilla directly.  We do have access to it through
Freedombox, but that's what's being exposed through what objects that Matt
decided to expose.  Anyways, I have no idea of how accessible MacOSX will
be.  Speaking of which, anyone care to donate a Mac so I can test this on?
B/c at present, I don't have access to any Macintosh machines.  Travis
Siegel offered to port Speakup to Apple a while back, but as far as I
know, their hasn't been any response on their prt on how they would like
to proceed.  So IMHO everything's still up in the air actually.  Hope this
hlps and itsn't too confusing.

--
Erik Heil <eheil at va3duk.serveftp.com>
Phone: (865) 673-0542