question about DECtalk express voices and pitch

Ameer Armaly ameer at charter.net
Thu Sep 9 07:48:31 EDT 2004

The problem is that the "pitch" value is initialized before the "voice"
value, and the voice value modifies pitch.  When you type a capital letter,
it resets it back to the default pitch because it is returning from a
capital letter.
The fix is to take the line in speakup_dectlk.c dealing with pitch and put
it after, rather than before, voice.
Ameer