verizon dsl

david poehlman david.poehlman at handsontechnologeyes.com
Thu Sep 9 07:40:39 EDT 2004

Verizon says they support mac but I didn't go that rout.  I do know that if
they cooperate with you, you can get this up and running without a linux
box.  The only reason I needed their software in windows was for the
original set up which had I pressed them on, I could probably have done by
hand.  I would have however had to find a way to get the dsl gateway
software installed.  This is just a client for the modem.  I did this years
ago by finding one on the internet that worked when the one they provided
did not.  I had heard that dsl was easier to set up in xp but found that at
least for me with verizon unless they are doing something non standard, that
I had to use their ppoe driver.