cron question

Scott Howell n3byy at adelphia.net
Sun Sep 5 07:59:32 EDT 2004

Greg,

Well actually I have not been able to completely get fetchmail working
as a system-wide daemon sufficiently so I resorted to calling it in a
cron job which to be honest saves memory. Seems little point to run
multiple copies of fetchmail or even run a daemon if you can accomplish
the same task in a cron job. Maybe I am looking at this a waste of time,
but maybe from an efficiency use in terms of memory, it will do.
Actually I knew that >/dev/null 2>&1 was to simple and thus is why I
forgot it.

tnx

Scott