Off topic: looking for a DECTalk express cable

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209 wacker at octothorp.org
Sun Sep 5 01:12:15 EDT 2004

Hi,

Here's a message that I sent to the list in Dec 2000.  If the info's still
good, you should be able to buy a crimper and lots of plugs.

           HTH.

Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 09:12:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-777-8123 <wacker at octothorp.org>
Subject: DECconnect tools (fwd)
Hi all,
      Sorry I'm late with this but it has been wild and woofy around
here.  Here's a note from a friend of mine who has worked at DEC for
ages.  I haven't tried it out, but the info should be good.  BTW, he says
the reason for the offset was to prevent people from mixing the
Decconnect plugs and jacks with modular telephone connections while
setting up a computer system.
      BTW, the letters in the phone number translate to 2649837.
          HTH.
           Bill in NJ