[gui-talk] new scanner and OCR alert (fwd)

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Sat Sep 4 19:48:32 EDT 2004

Hi Eric,
Granted this may be off topic, but Have you Never seen a reading-edge?
The scanner is designed so that the book in its entirety can fit on the
glass, with a tip-back aspect that does not require breaking the books
spin.
  I may be showing my deep love and respect for books, but I have never
broken one, and the reading those words here gave me the shivers!
they can still be had, but  one must know where to seek them, which I do.
Karen