Trying to get Apollo II to work was: How about Apollo II?

Ernst-Dieter Wedekind edwedekind at t-online.de
Fri Sep 3 18:39:27 EDT 2004

Hi Kirk and listers,
Kirk, I thank You very much for Your offer for help! First I'd like to
tell You what I did to follow Your recommendations. I got kernel 2.4.26
from ftp.kernel.org and tried to apply the Speakup path (speakup-1.5), but
I didn't get further then the first step. I unpacked the kernel sources,
installed the kernel-include package from Slackware 10 and entered
./install from the speakup-1.5 directory. I got the following output:

Patching version v24
Creating .orig files [...................] done.
Patching files [pppppppppppppppp1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file /usr/src/linux/include/linux/miscdevice.h.rej
ppp] done.
Copying files [ccccc] done.

What next?
I'd also like to tell You what I did *before* this, when I tried to go
about it my own way. I first tried to install Slackware 10.0 from the
cdrom and then I used Joseph C. Lieningers modified cdroms. When I entered
the Parameters for Apollo it didn't say anything. Then, I sucessfully
compiled a kernel from Slackware 10.0 kernel sources. The compile went
well till the end. after making a bootdisk I got the same result. Apollo
II did not talk! I had unmarked everything but the Apollo synth when
compiling the kernel.
I hope, You, Kirk, or someone else in this list can give me some advice as
to how to go on.
If all this stuff should be to tedious for this list I wouldn't mind going
on with pms.
Regards Ernst