No luck burning

Paul Migliorelli (+1 7 2 0 7 3 2 2 3 1 1) paulmigs at migliorelli.org
Wed Sep 1 18:28:15 EDT 2004

Nope, the speed change didn't do anything, but I did experience what
happened yesterday, where the system fully crashed, showing all kinds of
out of memory (I have a gig), and was slowly trying to free memory killing
off things as it thought about it.  Braille and ssh were the first to go,
speech remained and prattled on and on about what it was killing,
(thankfully I could still go I'm alive and you killed speech by pressing f
13), which is what I say is after the f12 key (grin).  Bill was hoping it
would somehow shut gracefully enough for better log purusal.  A 3 finger
salute wouldn't work, so the only way was reset button.  Never had this
kinda of trouble on this box before, and so far the only thing bombing
like that seems to be trying to burn audio with this new burner.  Oh well.