USB Serial Devices and Speakup

Zachary Z_kline at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 31 16:13:59 EST 2004

I'd appreciate it if you could attempt to get the thing to work.  Right now,
it's all I've got to work with.  At first, I thought the port on my laptop
was merely a female serial port.  No problem if that was the case, I could
buy a male to female converter.  But it's some sort of video interface.
So, right now I'm sort of stuck working with a synthesizer that won't speak.
Not being a skilled programmer, I can't say what should be done to fix this.
Unless, by some chance, the softsynth device will work with my sound card?
I highly doubt this, I don't know if it's even included in the install
kernel.
Thanks,
Zack