problems with burning audio cds with cdrecord

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Sun Oct 31 10:23:49 EST 2004

Thanks Luke.
Even though audio burning is working with 2.6.9, I am getting one strange
warning in the start up--something about this part of the kernel seeming
to be unmaintained and there being absolutely no dma so the process is
slow. I also notice that with the 2.6.9 kernel it's trying to use acpi,
while on previous kernels it said something about my bios being too old
and turned it off; maybe I should turn this off, though I don't know if it
has anything to do with the dma warning when recording. When I run dmesg,
dma is indicated for the cdrw and I looked at the kernel config and it's
definitely there.

--
Cheryl