lynx and ftp mystery

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Sat Oct 23 16:15:36 EDT 2004

Well, as I just posted, I already solved this--thanks!!!
But of course one of the first things I did was try the same site with
both my laptop and my desktop--that's how i knew the problem was specific
to my desktop, because sites that worked on my laptop didn't work on my
desktop.
Now all is working fine, but obviously something is working slightly
differently with my desktop to make PASSIVE to absolutely be required to
be set to TRUE.

--
Cheryl