network device detection with FC2

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Thu Oct 21 15:28:21 EDT 2004

Well, I got it working, but switching to the other console and doing
modprobe 3c509
didn't get a negative response but didn't get me the screen either. I was
able to bring it up after the install and eventually I just recompiled the
kernel with that built into the kernel; I know that might not have been
the easiest way to do it but it worked. Once i did that my ethernet
connection was started at boot. it might be nice if FC at least asked if
you wanted to do a network and maybe gave you a list of cards/modules. But
it wasn't really a huge problem once I figured out what I wanted to do
about it.
Actually, isapnp does find my card.

--
Cheryl