Links the chain

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Oct 20 10:41:46 EDT 2004

Wow, Larry. Very strange indeed.

I don't know the answer but would suggest that the cat has a great trace
feature built in -- the '-trace' option. Not sure whether something
similar is available via the chain, but we do have the generic tcpdump
option which should be helpful isolating this if you want to pursue it.

One can write very elaborate rules for tcpdump. It's one of the more
powerful debugging tools around.

Just a suggestion.