network device detection with FC2

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Tue Oct 19 14:58:01 EDT 2004

Hi all.
A few months ago I did a speakup-modified FC2 install on my laptop. My
network card was detected with no problem and I was prompted to set it up.

Now i'm installing FC2 on my desktop, using the October 15th installation
isos from the site. But I went through the installation screens three
times and I was never prompted for my network--though I did get the
firewall screen which I believe should come after it. Am I missing
something here or is it my 3com 3c509 card that isn't being detected or
what? I finally am going ahead with installing the packages, but this
means
I'll have to probably work on the network after the install is completed
and I wasn't planning on having to do that.
I did do a google search and found a couple other complaints about the
3c509 not working but I didn't find a solution or a reason. I'm starting
to get a complex about this card; first debian wouldn't recognize it in an
install--though now you can choose it from a list and it works--and now
this!!!
Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--