Links the chain

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Oct 14 09:56:34 EDT 2004

Hey, Larry: Welcome to the Speakup list! How delightful to see you here.
Do you find Speakup hauntingly familiar? I'd say that was a good thing,
myself! <grin>

As for differences between the cat and the chain ...

At this point I'm not sure there is much. I still use the cat, but
probably because I've used it for years and it works very well in most
situations.

Both of them require appropriate configuration settings to be blind
friendly. But, once you do that, they can appear and act very much the
same as it seems you've discovered.

Perhaps someone who's used the chain more than I have can expostulate on
some of the subtelties. But my bottom line is that the chain's
developers have done a pretty good job of adding the kind of blind
friendly functionality that has proven so valuable.

Perhaps the biggest difference is that the chain is in active
development and the cat is not--with the possible exception of one local
effort.