16 bit flite and speech-dispatcher

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at sent.com
Tue Oct 12 21:02:11 EDT 2004

Okay, here is what happened:

The 0.5 versions of speech-dispatcher failed on my system to create the
directory "speechd-modules" under my /usr/local/bin installation
directory. I see that version 0.4.1 created that directory okay, and in
it are symbolic links to the necessary executables, so it's no wonder
the 0.5 versions could not work. It is like that if one upgrades from
0.4.1 to the 0.5 versions, the failure would never be noticed, since the
necessary directory and soft links will have already been created by the
earlier version, giving 0.5 a leg up on the problem. I think that's an
equestrian reference rated G.

Another day, another bug. Not bad.

Chuck

Home page at http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh