speakup install software speech

Luke Yelavich themuso at themuso.com
Tue Oct 12 07:17:52 EDT 2004

On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 09:05:00PM EST, Jason Custer wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to install linux on my laptop. I would like to use speakup and
> gnopernicus.
> I must use software speech because I don't want to drag a hardware synth
> around everywhere.
> How can this be accomplished? Do I install via telnet?

The best way to get Linux installed on your laptop, is to connect your
hardware synth to your laptop, and install it that way. Then once the
system is installed, go about configuring speakup to use software
speech.

There are several distros on the Speakup site that are speakup modified.
The best thing is to find a HOWTO for the distro of your choice and
follow that.

When you get Linux installed, feel free to post again, and we would be
happy to help you get software speech set up.

Luke