Fw: Calling non Windows users

Erik Heil eheil at va3duk.serveftp.com
Thu Oct 7 10:45:27 EDT 2004

Hi their.  Well, here's the bad news.  The client is developed on
proprietary technology, hence the GPL doesn't apply here. I would not
support development of such a client, for those above reasons.  If, for
instance, the client was developed on standards-based protocols i.e. a
variant of the GSM codec, then that would be a different story.  But due
to its proprietary nature, I can't honestly give it my thumbs up.  Ditto
for Ventrilo.  I, if I chose to, could very well run a Ventrilo server on
this box.  But due to Draconian license restrictions and the lack of the
availability of a Linux-based client, add to it the simple fact that in
addition to being based on GSM, their's proprietary software/protocols
involved, I can't support such an act of software technology.  OK, I'm
sorry for going off in a tangent here, but this stuff really irritates me.

--
Erik Heil <eheil at va3duk.serveftp.com>
Phone: (865) 673-0542