bizar problem with caps_start when changing pitch using speakup and a bns

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Mon Oct 4 20:51:21 EDT 2004

If I echo a value to /proc/speakup/caps_start, like 100, my bns correctly
changes the pitch after I type a capital letter, however it also echos the value
of caps_start.  If I echo values like 50 to caps_start and 300 to caps_stop, my
bns will say something like escape 300 s 50  where s is the capital letter. The
pitch of the capital letter does not change.  What can I do to fix this annoying
behavior?
Sean