removing X packages was Re: Debian Uninstall Question

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Oct 4 09:37:13 EDT 2004

Thanks, Kenny.
This is exactly what I was looking for. Well, not quite because I'd
rather do it directly at the shell prompt--but I'm not going to fuss
over that!

Turns out I had most of it. aptitude is removing 22.4mb more data. I do
think this is important though, to prevent future upgrade commands from
slowly teasing X back onto this system. To give myself the best shot
against that I'm asking aptitude to dump all the conf files as well as
the packages associated with X.