Here we go again. FC3 panics when booting the first disk

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Nov 29 17:12:55 EST 2004

Argh, I guess this is why it's still a test release.

I have also seen trace backs. Mine came on attempts to mount
installation media via NFS. Can you say where in the process you're
getting the error?

If you have, or can create, a partition on this hard drive that you do
not intend to format for Linux, you could put the four iso images on
that partition. That's how I got around the NFS issue I ran into.

I should add, though, that others have successfully installed over NFS,
so whatever is wrong, it's not yet identified.