System-config-soundcard

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Nov 29 09:08:12 EST 2004

Ah, good. This is useful information.

Drivers that are currently loaded can be listed with lsmod. To find
active sound related ones you might do:

lsmod |grep snd

The loading of drivers is managed through the file /etc/modprobe.conf.
What is in that file?

Also, what does dmesg report that is related to sound?

Available alsa drivers and their associated sound cards can be looked up
on line at http://www.alsa-project.org. You might also have a file
called SOUNDCARDS and/or CARDS-STATUS, if you've independently
downloaded and unpacked an alsa-driver tarball. Try:

locate CARDS-STATUS