OT: "skype" anyone?

Stephen Clower steve at steve-audio.net
Tue Nov 23 18:59:57 EST 2004

Hello Chuck,

              I can use Skype without any problems in Windows, but the
              Linux version appears to be totally unusable. As far as
              I know, there is no console version of the client.
              Because Skype is closed source, I wouldn't expect there
              to be a console-driven version any time soon unless
              demand becomes high enough for the folks at Skype to
              develop one.

On Tuesday, November 23, 2004, 5:49:34 PM, you stood on a roof and loudly proclaimed:

> There seems to be a voice messaging network called "skype" used by many
> people. Anybody here figure out how to use it in a text console? The
> applications for Linux seem to be X apps. They are free, but come only
> in precompiled packages, as far as I can tell.

> Chuck

Stephen Clower
Email/.Net Messenger: steve at steve-audio.net
AIM: AudioRabbit03