Installing Fedora - boot loader

Kenneth Lee klee15 at cox.net
Mon Nov 22 14:26:55 EST 2004

Yes!!! Success at last.   Thanks to David for his tips he sent me offline.
What I Had to do was this.

First I reburned the images because for some reason the first ones didn't
verify.  (hmmm, to much dog hair around here I think)

Then going on David's suggestion, I manually created my partitions using his
recommendations.  This was the hardest part of all because I never did
figure out how to use druid.  For example, I could not figure how to change
from ext3 to swap when setting up my swap partition.  I did finally manage
to get it set to "swap" but I haven't clue how I did it.

Note to anyone using the howto from linux-speakup.org,  where it says to
press control+alt+f2 to switch to another console.  You do not get a '#'
prompt (at least not with the version I have).  I have the version pointed
to from the linux-speakup page.  Version FC2.

Anyway I now have linux (fedora) install...now if I only knew what to do
with it! <G>  I still need to get my email client setup and a web browser.

Regards, Ken