Installing Fedora - boot loader

Kenneth Lee klee15 at cox.net
Sun Nov 21 18:25:37 EST 2004

Hello all,  I've been trying all weekend to get Phedora installed.  This is
my first time to install any kind of Linux and well... It's not going well.

I've been reading the howto's I found on linux-speakup.org but the
description in the howto do not match with the screens I'm getting.

The howto says nothing about what to do for the "boot load manager" (do I
need the grub loader?) and at one point near the end, the howto says to
press Alt+F2 and you'll get a "#" prompt.  But I only get a /blahblah
something prompt and it will not accept any commands.

The last message from the install says it is safe to reboot, but when I did
I just get the message "no operating system found".

FYI, I'm trying to put this on a Dell GX1 500Mhz PC with 128MB ram and 12GB
HD.  I downloaded the 4 images from the linux-speakup page and varified they
are good.  I did the automatic partition because linux will be the only os
on this system.  The synthesizer is a DecTalk express.

Thanks for any help.

Ken