o t: playing dvd??

David Bruzos david at bruzos.org
Thu Nov 18 07:28:20 EST 2004

Hi:
To play the latest Real audio files you have to install the win32 .dll real
codecs.  I think that you can also use the native Linux codecs from the
official Real Player 10 for Linux.
You have to look at your configuration options when you compile MPlayer and
see how to enable Real support.
I think that MPlayer also has Real media support built-in, but only for the
older format versions.
In my system, my MPlayer plays all of the Real Media files I have, but they
are not the latest Real formats.
If you want better Real support you might want to use the official Real
Player 10 from Real Networks.  I believe there is an alternative text-based
frontend for it, but I have never used it.

David B.