o t: playing dvd??

David Bruzos david at bruzos.org
Thu Nov 18 00:41:37 EST 2004

Hi Paul:
For DVD playback you want to use MPlayer for sure.
MPlayer is an incredible media player and it can playback any media format you throw at it.  Also, it has very nice
keyboard commands like space-bar for play, left-errow and right-arrow for fw and rw etc.  It is one of the most blind
friendly and user friendly program out there.
It also plays VCD, SVCD, OGG, FLAC, MP3, WMA, WMV, Real, QuickTime, and many many more.

You can get great MPlayer RPMS from http://www.freshrpms.net.  They have a good "yum" repo for FC3.  If you configure
your yum.conf file properly, you will be able to do: "yum install mplayer" and it will automaticly get it and its
dependencies from the net.  However, I always compile my MPlayer, because it is much much faster if you compile it your
self.

David B.