speakup modified slackware ISO's may be removed

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Sat Nov 13 22:04:55 EST 2004

Hi all,
As you may or may not know, I currently maintain Slackware ISO images that
contain speakup in all kernels, not just in one or two. This has the
advantage that you can use any kernel on the CD that you choose for the
install. This allows for things like installing to XFS root filesystems,
using any of the available SCSI kernels, etc. Anyway, I am writing to this
list to enquire if these images are currently being used. I have not noticed
any downloads of the images for some time. I am thinking of discontinuing
this project. If the project is not of any use to anyone, then I don't see
the point in spending the time to maintain it (not that much actually), or
in reserving the disk space on the ftp server for the images. (this
constitutes a pretty signifficant amount of space) If anyone is using these
speakup modified ISO images, please let me know. Otherwise, I will take them
down and discontinue development on them.
--
Joseph C. Lininger
jbahm at pcdesk.net
Verification: 5eab38a77ac40416e075be8f50607ff7