Plugging in u s b things?

David Bruzos david at bruzos.org
Fri Nov 12 20:11:36 EST 2004

Hi Paul:
I use USB storage my self in the form of a 256 MB Lexar memory stick.  In my
system, it shows up as /dev/sda1.
So, just create a directory somewhere like /mnt/flash_drive and then type:
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/flash_drive, and you should be able to access the drive
under /mnt/flash_drive.
If you have multiple USB storage devices plugged in, they will be:
/dev/sda1, /dev/sdb1, /dev/sdc1, and so on.
Note: make sure you umount the drive before you unplug it, or you could risk
corrupting your data...

David Bruzos