Word processing in linux

akp akp at eznet.net
Wed Nov 10 06:32:43 EST 2004

Hi Tylor,

Hmmmm, well there isn't much you can do right now.  Star Office
requires X-Windows, and the Gnome desktop is not ready for prime-time
yet.  You could do worse than to learn Emacs and LaTeX.  As for losing
the formatting, that's part of the territory.  I'd write all my stuff
in emacs, then transfer it to MSWord when I got to school.  You could
do the final formatting there.  BTW, formatting has two T's, short
vowel and word ending in ING.  Double T keeps the vowel short!

Ann P.

--
			Ann K. Parsons
email:  akp at eznet.net
WEB SITE:  http://home.eznet.net/~akp
"All that is gold does not glitter.
Not all those who wander are lost."  JRRT