abcde for fedora?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Nov 5 05:34:18 EST 2004

However, since we're on the subject of finding rpms and also of using
rpm management meta-applications like yum, I think it important to
strongly suggest the use of rpmdb.

What is it? It's a rpm packaged database of dependencies. If you've ever
received an rpm error that says I can't install X because you don't have
Y, you'll appreciate rpmdb. If you have rpm db installed, you still get
the above error, but with a critical enhancement. You also get "Suggest
you install package Z to satisfy this dependency."