Gnopernicus messages

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Thu Nov 4 15:10:45 EST 2004

Ok, it looks like you're running x virtually, and trying to start
gnopernicus from a console under the virtual x session, which is a no
no. You need to actually start x for real, and launch gnopernicus by
logging in, hitting alt+f2, and typing gnopernicus, and hitting
enter. It looks to me like the errors you're getting are precisely
because you're not running x the way it's meant to be run, for
real. As for test-speech, I've also found that to be
non-interruptible, which shouldn't effect your running of gnopernicus,
provided that the speech tests pass ok.

Greg