earliest possible software speech at boot?

David Bruzos david at bruzos.org
Thu Nov 4 12:08:35 EST 2004

Yeah, at least in Fedora I can also start speakup from the initrd image and
this also works very well.  However, remember that I am talking about
software speech...  how can I have speech-dispatcher running before the rc.d
levels?
I mean, is there a way to run commands before rc.d.  E.G. before the
partition check starts...

TIA

David B.