doubletalk still going strong

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Nov 3 22:26:09 EST 2004

Well, the catty answer is "not very successfully." But, it's not so
difficult, really. One simply runs a cable from the headphone output
jack to an input on a mixer. Some higher quality near field computer
monitor speakers can even accomodate an additional input signal.

One does need to be careful, though. You can damage your mixer if you
plug the cable into a line in jack which runs at 500 ohms, because the
headphone output is a standard 8 ohms. But, if you're careful and keep
the volume way down, you can certainly do it.

And, as I have said above, there are mixers and also near field
monitors, that are wired to accept 8 ohm inputs. I happen to have a
wonderful pair made by Roland some years ago.