lynx, webmail

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Wed Nov 3 17:23:22 EST 2004

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 04:13:00PM -0600, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> You can:
>
> 1. Use links the chain, instead of lynx the cat, and see if that
>    helps.
[Bearing in mind that you have to get the version that supports javascript...which isn't all versions of the chain]

> 2. Talk to your ISP, and see if the webmail service can somehow be
> used without requiring that your browser has javascript functionality,
> or ask them to consider switching to a webmail program which doesn't
> require javascript. One such program which I use on my server here is
> sqwebmail <http://www.courier-mta.org/sqwebmail/>.

Or, if you really must use a Webmail service, you can try
http://www.mail2web.com

While I think it's powered by that other excuse for an OS, it does work, and it even works with the cat. I've used it myself, in fact.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV      | Alena Grace's proud papa!
Phone: (814) 455-7333      | Born: 04/06/2000 in Donetsk, Ukraine