writing spk howto (?)

Willem van der Walt<willem@top.health.gov.za> willem at top.health.gov.za
Tue Nov 2 09:10:52 EST 2004

Hello,
I think the software speech howto is a good idea.
The problem is that we have new linux/unix users trying to do an install.
Even with sighted assistence, one should try to keep things as easy as
posible.  General instructions tend to pre-suppose unix knowledge where
distribution specific instructions might not.
I think one should as far as posible, do a combination of general and
distribution specific instructions.
With the latter, one can give a complex command without explaining it all,
but knowing the platform, be reasionable sure things will work.